CE: Mind and Body Aspects of Practice - OT Refresher Course
Feeling frustrated with your patients/clients? Feeling frustrated with yourself? Reconnect with the basics of therapeutic use of self by exploring the psychosocial aspects of practice that influence the experience of both therapists and patients/clients. Concepts of mental and physical health, wellness, resilience and interpersonal style and approaches are emphasized to demonstrate how mind and body are inextricably connected to occupational engagement in anyone.
- Understand the factors and trends influencing the larger profession from the perspectives of theory, reimbursement and client centered care.
- Appreciate how your personal traits influence your practice
- Understand how the experiences our clients influence your practice
- Identity strategies to facilitate resilience in yourself and your clients.
- Identify the principles of the Intentional Relationship Model and Relationship Based Care that can support therapeutic relationships and how to incorporate them.
Contact hours: 6
AOTA Continuing Education Units (CEUs): .6
NBCOT Professional Development Units (PDUs): 7.5
AOTA Classification Codes: Occupational Therapy Process; Professional Issues