The Student Handbook is the reference guide for your experience
Handbooks & Forms
The University of Minnesota Medical Laboratory Science program develops a Student Handbook each year to guide students in their progression through the degree program. The Handbook is an overview of the MLS Program including goals, policies and procedures, honor and professional codes, as well as policies on academic and non-academic essentials. The Handbook also contains general information for students about the University of Minnesota campuses and the services that are available to assist students during their enrollment in the Center for Allied Health Programs.
As a student is admitted into the program they will receive a copy of the Student Handbook during their online program orientation. Critical areas within the Handbook will be discussed and explained. This Handbook will serve as a reference for policies and procedures for the duration of that student’s time in the program.
Copies of current and previous Handbooks are available below.
This page provides links to some important forms you may need to use during your academic career within CAHP. Your student advisor will guide you as to which forms you will need and when you will need them. A copy of your submitted forms will be kept in your CAHP student file.
- Vaccination and Immunization Requirements for Learners in the Health Sciences
- CAHP Social Media Policy
- 13 Credit Exemption Request (undergraduate)
- Academic Policy Petition (form) (e.g., Late add/drop course registration)
- Complaint / Concern (policy and form)
- Consent for Educational Research (MLS-specific)
- Emergency Contact
- MLS Incomplete Coursework Contract
- Leave of Absence
- Professional Behaviors (Student Conduct) Form
- Photo Release Form
- Reference Request Form
- Request for Change of Performance Site
- Request for Reconsideration
- Request to Withdraw From Program Current Student
- Request to Withdraw from Program New Admit
- MLS Terms and Conditions and Technical Standards