Welcome Fieldwork Educators!
Below are links to resources to help you develop a student program, as well as to support your own development as a clinical educator. We recommend you start with the University of Minnesota OT Program Overview to learn more about our curriculum and student preparation for Level II Fieldwork.
Student Fieldwork Handbook
This handbook provides the information that students receive regarding the format and structure for fieldwork within the Occupational Therapy Program.
Resources for Starting a Fieldwork Program
- AOTA FW Education Resources
- Fieldwork Educators Certificate Workshop
- Sample Level II FW Student Objectives
- Sample Level II FW Weekly Student Activities:
- Sample Student Weekly Meeting Form: Weekly Feedback Form
- HIPAA Guidelines for Fieldwork
- Understanding the AOTA Student Fieldwork Performance Evaluations
Resources for Clinical Educator Development
- University of Western Ontario Preceptor Education Program: This is a FREE online training program for clinical educators of health professions students and is applicable to OT fieldwork as well:
- University of Minnesota Biomedical Library resources for preceptors
- New England Occupational Therapy Education Council: This is a consortium of OT programs in New England with resources for clinical educators.
- University of Manitoba OT Program: This site is full of resources for clinical educators anywhere.