2019 CAHP Commencement
Where do graduates register for Commencement?
- Info will be sent via your U of M email account
When should I arrive at Northrop?
- GRADUATE CHECK IN:Students must check in onsite, dressed in regalia and ready for pictures no later than 10:00 a.m.
- Students are excused from clinical rotations and classes to participate
- If applicable, please ask your employer to be excused to participate in this celebratory event!
GUESTS: Doors to the auditorium will open at 10:00 a.m. for guest seating
PARKING: Parking is available in the Church Street Garage (connected to Northrop.) In the event that this garage is full, parking is available (2 to 3 blocks away) in the 4th Street Ramp, Washington Ave. Ramp, and University Ave. Ramp. Campus map: http://campusmaps.umn.edu/.
When will the processional begin?
- Promptly at 11:00 a.m.
- Ceremony will last up to 90 minutes
- Class photos will be taken at 10:00 a.m. prior to the ceremony, so please make sure to arrive BEFORE 10:00 a.m.
How many guests may I invite?
- Seating is unlimited, but we request that you inform us if you will have more than 10 guests
- An R.S.V.P. survey will be sent to your U of M email account as we get closer to Commencement
- If you need assistance with a VISA for family for friends to attend Commencement, please contact CAHP Student Services at email@example.com
What are the disability accommodations at Northrop?
- Access for guests with wheelchairs or walkers: Enter the building through the East side of Northrop at the Church Street Circle then proceed to the East or West side entrances of the auditorium. Elevators are located on both the west and east side of the building, and all levels are accessible via these elevators.
- Northrop has limited seating for individuals (and their companions) who are wheelchair bound; wheelchair accessible seating will be reserved in the middle section of rows F & G on the main level near the front of the theatre; please ask an usher to direct your guests to the section for handicapped/mobility impaired.
- Handicap seating is on a first come, first served basis, so guests should arrive early.
- Northrop has wheelchairs available to transport guests from the east entrance to standard seating. Contact Northrop staff upon arrival for use of a wheelchair.
- Please contact Linda Maleitzke by November 1st to request ceremony accommodations.
Where do graduates order regalia?
- University of Minnesota Bookstore
- Order here; We encourage you to order by: November 1, 2019 to ensure delivery in time for Commencement
- Individual photos of each graduate will be taken by Lifetouch Photography immediately after each graduate walks across the stage; individual and class photos will be available for purchase online
- You will receive information about how to order your photos from Lifetouch via your U of M email account
- Guests may take flash photos and video during the ceremony
- Please dress in business attire; wear comfortable shoes; for your comfort, suit jackets are not suggested under academic regalia