How To Apply
Application to the Occupational Therapy Program
The Occupational Therapy Program at the University of Minnesota has applied for accreditation status for an entry-level OTD program by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449. ACOTE’s telephone number c/o AOTA is (301) 652-AOTA and its web address is www.acoteonline.org.
If approved, the OTD program will receive candidacy status. The program will then complete a pre-accreditation review, an on-site evaluation, and be granted Accreditation Status before graduates will be eligible to sit for the national certification examination for the occupational therapist administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). After successful completion of this exam, the individual will be an Occupational Therapist, Registered (OTR).
If the OTD does not receive candidacy status this April, then the currently offered MOT program will remain in place for the Fall 2019 entering class. Graduates of this currently accredited program (same contact information as above) are eligible to sit for the national certification examination for the occupational therapist administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). After successful completion of this exam, the individual will be an Occupational Therapist, Registered (OTR).
2. Complete an application in the Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS).
- Complete instructions for submitting the OTCAS application are available on the OTCAS website, www.otcas.org.
- All official transcripts should be sent directly to OTCAS, not the University of Minnesota:
Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS)
PO Box 9120
Watertown, MA 02471
OTCAS must receive the application by 11:59 PM (CST) January 11, 2019. All updated transcripts must be received by OTCAS by the Academic Deadline of February 1, 2019. Once your application is COMPLETE, OTCAS will verify your documents before releasing them to our Program. Please note that the Program in Occupational Therapy at the University of Minnesota CANNOT access unverified applications. Applicants should confirm their status as verified with OTCAS.
- For any questions about the receipt, processing and verification of your application, please contact OTCAS Customer Service at (617) 612-2860 or email@example.com
- All communication from the Program in Occupational Therapy will be sent by email through OTCAS. Please make sure to enter an accurate email address, check your inbox frequently and set junk mail filters appropriately throughout the admission cycle.
- Any updates to your email address should be made through OTCAS. If you need to make any changes to your email address after February 1, 2019 please update OTCAS and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of the change.
3. Complete the Supplemental Admission Application to the Program in Occupational Therapy. Please read the instructions below before completing the Supplemental Application.
- The 2019 OT Supplemental Application can be accessed through the University of Minnesota profile of the OTCAS application
- Login to OTCAS - Program Materials - University of Minnesota - The Supplemental Application is located under Admissions Requirements in the Home Tab
- You must complete all required sections of the application and submit only once by the application deadline
- For Fall 2019 applications only, the question of what program to apply to will be listed on the Supplemental application. The ACOTE accreditaiton status will determine which progam we will provide for Fall 2019. Please read the instructions for the question carefully before making a determination.
- Terms & Conditions - You will be asked to agree to all terms and conditions in order to submit your application
- Complete the secure electronic payment of $50.00 online to the Center for Allied Health Programs
- Applicants applying to both the Twin Cities and Rochester campuses only need to submit the supplemental application and application fee once.
- Your application will be considered only after you have submitted an electronic payment. If you are unable to make a payment electronically please contact our office at email@example.com or (877) 334-2659.