Students in the Center for Allied Health Programs must comply with specific requirements throughout their curriculum and within Academic Health Sciences (AHS) when they enter the program (see the list of requirements below). Students must meet all requirements before the start of their first semester and maintain compliance through to degree completion.
- Vaccination and Immunization Requirements for all AHS Learners
- Annual Flu Vaccination. Completed prior to October 1 each year with appropriate vaccination for the upcoming flu season--Students will submit verification of their flu vaccination in one of the following two ways:
- If your flu vaccine is administered through Boyton Health Services, the record should be reported automatically within Boyton.
- If your flu vaccine is administered anywhere else, you will need to report it the through an AHS survey emailed to students during the month of October
- Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) Trainings
- Trainings to comply with HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996) regulations with information about securing private University data. Trainings may be found on the University of Minnesota Training Hub
- Bloodborne Pathogen Trainings
- Required annually for anyone who will potentially be exposed to human materials (e.g. human blood, human body fluids, unfixed human tissue or organs, human cell lines, etc) or bloodborne pathogens (e.g. HIV, HBV, HCV, etc.). Trainings may be found on the University of Minnesota Training Hub. Note: Two courses required: Introductory and Advanced
- Criminal Background Study. Instructions sent to students during orientation modules in summer prior to admission term
- Health Insurance Coverage--Students will annually submit a copy of their Health Insurance card and verify expiration date through the CAHP Student Portal
- CPR Certification (provider level)--Students will annually submit their CPR certification to the CAHP Student Portal
- Photo Release Form (completed during the in-person Orientation and revised as necessary)
- Emergency Contact (completed during the in-person Orientation and revised as necessary)