All students interested in applying to the Medical Laboratory Sciences Program at the University of Minnesota are strongly encouraged to complete the following before beginning the MLS Application.
To assist you in the application process, please download the Application Checklist.
Review Eligibility for Year 3 or Year 4 Admission
- Review all Academic Requirements
- Be sure that you are not missing any prerequisite, foundational, or liberal education coursework
- Review all Non-Academic Requirements
- Review and make sure that you are or will be able to meet all of the Non-Academic requirements of the MLS program.
Apply to the University of Minnesota OR submit a Change of College Form
- U of M students (past and present)
If you have ever been enrolled as a degree seeking student at any of the University of Minnesota campuses you are required to login, complete and submit a Change of College form by February 1. If you have been away from the University system for an extended period of time, contact One Stop to get your account updated and accessibile.
- UMR Bachelor of Science in Health Science students (BSHS Students): If you are currently enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Health Science program at the University of Minnesota Rochester, you are required to complete and submit a Change of College form by February 1.
- Affiliate students (St. Cloud State University (SCSU), Minnesota State University, Mankato (MSU), University of River Falls (UWRF))
If you are currently enrolled at SCSU, MSU or UWRF you are required to submit all official transcripts to the Center for Allied Health Programs (see Affiliate Students header below for more the mailing address). To qualify as an affiliate student you must not graduate from your home institution before completing the MLS curriculum.
- Non-U of M students
If you have never been enrolled as a degree seeking student at any of the University of Minnesota campuses you are required to submit an Undergraduate Transfer Student Application with our general Admissions Office. Applications to the MLS program will not be processed until after the Undergraduate Transfer Student Application has been submitted and processed.
- International students
- International applicants must submit score(s) from one of the following tests with Undergraduate Transfer Student Application:
- TOEFL - Test of English as Foreign Language (preferred)
- Internet Based - Total Score: 95
- Paper Based - Total Score: 586
- MELAB - Michigan English Language Assessment Battery
- Final Score: 85
Obtain and mail official transcripts
- U of M students (all campuses)
Current U of M students do not need to submit official transcripts from University of Minnesota schools.
For any college level coursework taken at another institution you must submit official transcripts from the designated institution(s) to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Affiliate students
Please send all official transcripts directly to the Center for Allied Health Programs.
UMN - Center for Allied Health Programs
15-194 Phillips-Wangensteen Bldg.
MMC 714, 516 Delaware St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Non-U of M students
Official transcripts from all non-U of M institutions (all students) and TOEFL (international students only) scores must be sent to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
240 Williamson Hall, 231 Pillsbury Dr. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0213
If you are completing prerequisite courses during the fall semester please refrain from sending official transcripts to our Admissions office until you have received final grades. If we receive transcripts prior to having final grades for fall you will be required to submit updated copies of official transcript(s).
Complete and submit the MLS application
- Complete the secure electronic payment of $50.00 online to the Center for Allied Health Programs.
- You will need the following to complete the application:
- Transcripts from all institutions you attended
- Any job, work experience, or a resume