CE: Neurocognitive Approaches for Older Adults - OT Refresher Course
This course is designed for occupational therapy practitioners who are interested in learning about the role and professional practice with clients with age-related Neurocognitive Disorders (NCD). The course will briefly summarize delivery of client-and family-centered care with this population and ethical considerations in practice. You will be able to describe practice settings that support occupational therapy services for older adults with NCD. In your learning activities, you will engage in interactive activities and case studies to apply occupational therapy processes of screening, evaluation, and intervention planning through discharge.
On-demand, ongoing enrollment
- Describe neurocognitive disorders prevalent in the older adult population and impact on performance and participation
- Apply the OT Process guided by the OT Practice Framework to evaluate individuals with select neurological conditions using standardized assessments
- Develop intervention plans based on evidence for individuals with neurocognitive disorders throughout the course of the disorder
- Identify outcome measures within the domain of practice of occupational therapy for this population
- Recognize continued competencies and resources in a specialty area of practice for NCD.
Contact hours: 6
AOTA Continuing Education Units (CEUs): .6
NBCOT Professional Developmenty Units (PDUs): 7.5
AOTA Classification Codes: Domain of OT; Occupational Therapy Process: Professional Issues