Hybrid Refresher Course for Occupational Therapists
Online component will open on April 28, 2020. On campus days will be Thursday, July 9 - Sunday, July 12, 2020*.
* Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the uncertainty it is causing, we will make a final determination on May 1st if we will hold the face-to-face portion of this course. Please hold off on buying airline tickets until that time. Regardless of that decision, the online portion of the course will continue and the course kickoff will happen as scheduled on Monday, April 27th.
View the tentative Course Schedule.
NBCOT Professional Development Units (PDU) - 75 PDUs
AOTA Continuing Education Units - 60 Contact hours - 6 CEUs
*** Do you need a clinical experience in order to obtain relicensure in your state? If so, contact Linda Maleitzke at email@example.com
This 'introductory-level' course is designed for occupational therapists who want to:
- Return to practice
- Change their area of practice,
- Further develop their practice skills,
- Earn contact hours/NBCOT Professional Development Units(PDU), 1 contact hour = 1.25 PDU,
- Reinstate their Minnesota License when lapsed for 4 years or more
- Gain confidence in knowing the basics of occupational therapy.
- Gain confidence in performing skills needed for occupational therapy interventions.
- Develop a network of resources to further their practice in occupational therapy (faculty, colleagues, texts, internet).
- Gain confidence in re-entering the workforce or changing an area of practice.
“The course Instructors/faculty are hands down the best! Anyone out of practice, no matter how many the years, changing careers, or wanting to change practice areas are going to benefit from this Hybrid OT course!”
“The course gave me confidence and an awareness of areas that I need to continue to learn about. I cannot imagine trying to return to work without this course!”
“This was a totally comprehensive refresher course that provided me with the knowledge and confidence to return to practice. Being around other OTs that were in similar situations put me at ease and provided peer support. The instructors were competent, dynamic, and overall amazing! They were all very approachable as well. The availability of dorm housing was appreciated and the proximity to the classroom was very close. This a "must do" for OTs wanting to return to practice!”
Participants will begin the course on Monday, April 27, 2020 with a synchronous “kick off” phone conference. The online modules will open on Tuesday, April 28 and will continue in a highly structured and mentored online learning experience of weekly modules. Each module will provide an overview of current OT practice topics. After completion of 8 of the 9 modules, participants will come to campus for four "face-to-face" days where hands on skills will be practiced. The course will conclude with one additional online module to be completed after the on-campus experience.
Course dates: Thursday, July 9 - Sunday, July 12, 2020.
Dormitory housing is available for the face-to-face portion of the course. Please see registration for dorm housing options.