Hybrid Refresher Course for Occupational Therapists
Online component opened April, 2020. On campus days will be Thursday, July 9 - Sunday July 12, 2020.
View the tentative Course Schedule.
NBCOT Professional Development Units (PDU) - 75 PDUs
AOTA Continuing Education Units - 60 Contact hours - 6 CEUs
*** Do you need a clinical experience in order to obtain relicensure in your state? If so, contact Linda Maleitzke at email@example.com
Return to practice,This 'introductory-level' course is designed for occupational therapists who want to:
- Change their area of practice,
- Further develop their practice skills,
- Earn contact hours/NBCOT Professional Development Units(PDU), 1 contact hour = 1.25 PDU,
- Reinstate their Minnesota License when lapsed for 4 years or more
- Gain confidence in knowing the basics of occupational therapy.
- Gain confidence in performing skills needed for occupational therapy interventions.
- Develop a network of resources to further their practice in occupational therapy (faculty, colleagues, texts, internet).
- Gain confidence in re-entering the workforce or changing an area of practice.
"You will walk away with more confidence in your knowledge and abilities."
Participants will begin the course April, 2020 in a highly structured and mentored online learning experience of weekly modules. Each module will provide an overview of current OT practice topics. After completion of the modules, participants will come to campus for 4 "face to face" days where hands on skills will be practiced. The course will conclude with 2 more online modules to be completed after the on campus experience.
Course dates: Thursday, July 9 - Sunday July 12, 2020.
Dormitory housing is available for the face to face portion of the course. Please see registration for dorm housing options.