Hybrid Refresher Course for Occupational Therapists
Online component opens April 29, 2019. On campus days will be Thursday, July 11 - Sunday July 14, 2019.
View the tentative Course Schedule.
NBCOT Professional Development Units (PDU) - 75 PDUs
AOTA Continuing Education Units - 60 Contact hours - 6 CEUs
This 'introductory-level' course is designed for occupational therapists who want to:
- Return to practice,
- Change their area of practice,
- Further develop their practice skills,
- Earn contact hours/NBCOT Professional Development Units(PDU), 1 contact hour = 1.25 PDU,
- Reinstate their Minnesota License when lapsed for 4 years or more
- Gain confidence in knowing the basics of occupational therapy.
- Gain confidence in performing skills needed for occupational therapy interventions.
- Develop a network of resources to further their practice in occupational therapy (faculty, colleagues, texts, internet).
- Gain confidence in re-entering the workforce or changing an area of practice.
"You will walk away with more confidence in your knowledge and abilities."
Participants will begin the course April 29, 2019 in a highly structured and mentored online learning experience of weekly modules. Each module will provide an overview of current OT practice topics. After completion of the modules, participants will come to campus for 4 "face to face" days where hands on skills will be practiced. The course will conclude with 2 more online modules to be completed after the on campus experience.
Course dates: Thursday, July 11 - Sunday July 14, 2019.
Dormitory housing is available for the face to face portion of the course. Please see registration for dorm housing options.